Monday, April 30, 2012

Can you REALLY Mix Business With Pleasure?


I think the answer to this question is HECK YES!

You can mix business with pleasure, I do it every day. My business is my passion, I love to speak at events, I enjoy writing and creating new training materials for my clients. And, mixing my business with philanthropic missions is not only enjoyable, it is rewarding.

Dave Albano, author, speaker, marketing expert, mountain climber, and all around GREAT guy!
http://www.100customers.net/

Dave Albano, my colleague, friend and marketing expert agrees! In fact, every day he mixes business with pleasure. He is a shining example of what happens when you combine your genius with your business. He is a mountain climber and a marketing expert and has found innovative ways to combine both. Also, he has turned his passion for mountain climbing into a business and philanthropic activity. Every mountain he climbs is a fund raiser for nonprofit organizations. He has raised thousands for Little Warriors, and is now raising money for Be Brave Ranch a program that will provide safety, support and counseling for children who are victims of abuse. He is on a mission to climb one mountain a month! Talk about a great way to mix philanthropy and business, and make the world a better place all at the same time.

To hear Dave talk more about this, listen to our recorded conversation on my radio interview with him:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/charmainehammond/2012/04/18/guests-dave-albano-and-maria-simone


How have you mixed your passion or philanthropic mission with business? What model works well for your business?

Blake Mycoskie is another example of how mixing business with philanthropy can benefit many. I thoroughly enjoyed Blake’s book, and I look forward to one day being able to interview him on my show as well.

To read Blake’s book, visit: