As important as we are as unique individuals, we are even more powerful and important when we work together in collaboration!
Teams that Bounce Forward™ recognize the importance of each individual’s gifts and contributions and also know the importance of blending those skills in the process of working together. They not only recognize these valuable differences but individuals appreciate the diversity and seek out opportunities to collaborate and learn from one another. Teams that bounce forward are also comfortable to seek feedback, guidance and ASK for help when needed. As Henry Ford said “coming together is a beginning, keeping together is progress, and working together is success.”
Five Bounce Forward™ approaches:
• Celebrate success- acknowledge acts of collaboration and teamwork
• Seek opportunities- to invite ideas, suggestions and innovation from team members
• Clarify roles- ensure roles are clearly understood
• Stay connected to the big picture, vision and strategic direction or goals
• Develop team norms- a process to resolve issues, and expectations about feedback and conflict resolution
Your weekly challenge is to put one of these five actions into motion. Have a great week!