Saturday, November 17, 2012

Turning Obstacles Into Opportunities... Fantastic Ones

What a joy to be on Fantastic Frank's radio show. Now here is a man who inspires me!

A great definition for the word resilience is Frank Johnson. Frank survived a fire, divorce, and bankruptcy, a great deal of change for anyone to cope with. He also encountered tremendous loss, he  lived through the loss of his business, singing voice, his career as a chemical engineer, his fine motor control. And his outlook on life is Fantastic!  

On Franks' show we talked about resilience, overcoming fear and how fear creates choices... the choices to become paralyzed by fear or to move through it. We also discussed how one's mindset and thinking greatly shapes and impacts the results that people experience in their life. Using affirmations, affirmative thinking and making a choice about how to let a daily challenge impact you are some of the many solutions we explored. 

We also talked about my new book co-authored with Debra Kasowski, who was also a guest on Franks' show in September.  Our book, GPS Your Best Life, is being released on November 21, 2012, and Frank asked a great question about the book....What does it mean to live your best life?


Wow, what a juicy question. What does that mean to you....to live YOUR best life?

I think "best life" will be different for each person, and I think perhaps our definitions change in time. For example, in the 1980's I was a Correctional Officer, and at that time I was living my best life. I loved my apartment, owning my first car, the career I chose... I was living my best life, I was serving my purpose. Fast forward 15 years, I was a corporate mediator. Helping businesses and teams in crisis and conflict solve the people issues that plagued their teams and got in the way of success. I was again living my best life. It was different from my earlier career, I was married, in love, on purpose, owner of two thriving businesses... and being in service to the organizations and groups in our community.  Fast forward to now... I AM living my best life... still in love....still married to the greatest guy on earth. Living my purpose as a speaker and author, serving others, and happy... Fast forward ten years... not sure what it will look like, but I do know one thing for sure... living my best life has a lot to do with love, passion, purpose and being of service to others.

What does it mean to you?

Listen to Frank and I discuss this and many other interesting topics at: 


Listen to internet radio with FantasticFrank on Blog Talk Radio



GPS Your Best Life:  www.gpsyourbestlife.com






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment.