What Gets In The Way Of Writing?
There are many reasons that writing can be a challenge, and two of them relate to FEAR:
1) FEAR- fear of finishing the book, the report, or the presentation...the fear of letting go
2) FEAR- fear of success
..... if you don't finish then you don't have to fear success or failure stated Catharine Bramkamp a recent guest on my Your Book as a Business Radio Show (see link to listen below)
|Do you love a good book?
Is it your passion to write a great book?
Maybe you want to share your expert knowledge and expertise with the world?
And, maybe you have a story stuck inside your head....that needs some help to get to written form.
Writer's block can be overcome by these strategies suggested by Catharine:
1) Set aside 25 minutes each day and write (avoid falling into the "I'll just write all day Saturday" thinking. As on Saturday you may well find all kinds of distractions to keep you from writing).
2) Find an editor to help outline where there are gaps or repetition in your writing, when the flow or story line is not clear, etc.
3) Work with a writing coach.
|The work for an author really begins once the books arrive.
- Build relationships- this is essential in creating a buzz about your book, and a platform for you as a writer
- Learn how to use social media correctly, and at minimum be on Facebook, Linked In, Twitter and You Tube, and have a blog.
- Be authentic in everything you do, and everything you write. Remember, people connect with stories, it makes it relatable for the audience and reader. And, stories help build connections.
Check out more tips on writing at www.howtosellandmarketyourbook.com
You can find out more about Catharine at:
www.newbiewriters.com and www.YourBookStartsHere.com
Listen to our interview at: Your Book as a Business Radio: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/your-book-as-a-business/2012/10/06/guest-catharine-bramkamp
Catharine Bramkamp is a successful writing coach and author. She holds two degrees in English and Creative Writing and is an adjunct professor of writing. Her book – Don’t Write Like You Talk launched her coaching business and remains a powerful promotion tool for speaking engagements as well as attracting new clients. Her current projects include the Real Estate Diva Mystery Series and the poetry collection Ammonia Sunrise. Contact her at www.YourBookStartsHere.com