At a recent Alberta Women Entrepreneurs Conference (AWE) I was speaking on the topic of Leadership GPS. My presentation included three distinct topics: understanding your strengths, knowing your leadership style, and getting out of your way (and capitalizing on your strengths).
In this workshop I defined Leadership GPS as Goals, Plans of Action and Success Indicators.
Some of the qualities in exceptional leaders include:
- Knowing your strengths and how to use them to help grow your business and advance your team
- Understanding that one’s strengths can become a deficit or challenge if you are not mindful and present
- Confident, clear communicators
- Have empathy
- Are able to say no, can make decisions and stand by them
- Strong leaders can forgive themselves and move forward, they are resilient
- They decide in advance (intentionally) how they want to show up in the world and as a leader (I call this framing your day)
- When the day goes off track, strong leaders are able to reframe their day and move forward
- They know their leadership style and adapt it to work more effectively with other
- They can ASK for help
When you think of a strong leader, what are the qualities that come to mind for you?