This is one of the questions I ask the audience when I present on the topic of Working with Passion & Purpose. I am always intrigued by the answers this question stirs up. Recently, here is how an audience answered that question:
Being Full On in Service to Others:
- Fully present
- Coming from a place of giving (without expectation)5 ways / 5 actions to be more passionate and purposeful at work:
- RAK (random acts of kindness)
- Great team work
- Sense of Freedom
- Feel useful
Being purposeful, passionate and present is not always easy; in fact, it can take work and energy. However, I know that not being present, purposeful and passionate is a lot more work. Often when you are not present, mistakes are made which require a mulligan (a do-over). I am of the mindset why do something twice, when it only needs to be done once?
Here are a few ways to be present, purposeful and passionate:
- Frame your day- decide in advance how you will show up. Make a conscious decision about how you want your day to go.
- Start your day with gratitude by identifying (and stating) one thing you are grateful for.
- Ensure you nurture your health and well being.
- Slow your pace, just a little bit.
- Take time to breathe properly.
- Keep your work space a little less busy or cluttered.
- Remove distractions when you are trying to focus.
- End your day with gratitude.
When you show up purposeful and present, it is much easier to tackle whatever comes your way as life happens.