Monday, March 26, 2012

What You Know Now

Don't you wish you knew then what you know now about business, teams and success?
As a corporate trainer and professional speaker, one of the questions I enjoy asking the audience is "what do you know now that you wished you knew then?"  When I am speaking at leadership events this question is about leadership.  When I am speaking about team building the question is about teams.  Regardless of the topic, the question generates rich responses.
Recently, my answer to this question was published in the Secret Entourage article "63 Things Entrepreneurs wished they knew at age 21".  You can scroll down and read my tips in this article.
http://www.secretentourage.com/entrepreneur/63-things-entrepreneurs-wish-they-knew-at-age-21/
What do you know now that can help someone be successful in their business, as a leader or in their team?  I would love to hear your pearls of wisdom.  Let me know your tips and we'll publish them in a future blog.  I know that some of the best learning comes from having the experience, surviving a challenge, or making a mistake and growing through the experience.
Recently in a team building workshop I asked the question "what do you know now that you wished you knew then about being a team member?"  Here's what I heard:

  • Teamwork takes work!
  • We must be flexible.
  • Teamwork requires flexibility.
  • For a healthy team, you must work through issues as they surface.
  • When you are passionate and have a common goal, the team is stronger.
This is a great question to ask at a team meeting, training or in a supervision conversation.