Thursday, August 19, 2010

On the pursuit of happiness at work

What is your business goal? Is it to be profitable? Maybe grow your business? Expand your team? Bring in new products and services?
What about happiness? Is happiness anywhere in your equation or on your list?
I used to view happiness at work as a product or result of other goals being achieved; however, I have since changed my mind. I have discovered that happiness helps me achieve my other goals, faster and with less effort.
Tony Hsieh, author of Discovering Happiness, is the CEO of Zappos in the US. He mentions four components to the happiness framework:
- Connectedness
- Perceived control
- Perceived progress
- Vision and meaning (being part of something bigger than yourself)
This is a book I’d highly recommend for your company library!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment.