Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A room with a view




I have an office with a great view… at least in the summer time. One of my favorite places to work is what I refer to as a room with a view- the porch at our cottage. Surrounded by chirping birds in the trees on either side, and the osprey and pelicans in front of me in the lake, one would think I would be distracted. Well you are right, so I have created a summer work schedule that gives me the best of both worlds. I work for an hour then play for an hour. This schedule maximizes my time, and keeps me inspired. Obviously this room with a view is only suitable for several months in the year. It does constantly remind me of how important it is to personalize your work area and create a work schedule, the best you can, that works around your energy.
What do you do to keep your office inspiring, a place you like to be? What three actions could you take to make your office help you optimize your productivity and your creativity?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment.