My mastermind coach, Patricia Drain, always told us that your follow-up is your fortune. This was also some wise advice, as was the perspective from CEO and Founder of eWomenNetwork, Sandra Yancey….she said The Future and Fortune is your Follow-up.
As a speaker and consultant, I see firsthand how important follow up is. Follow up allows you to maintain business integrity, stay in touch with clients, build relationships and build your business.
Here are some ways to maximize follow up from the discussion I had with Sandra:
- Build relationships
- Remember, getting out there is not the same as getting connected
- Phone to phone and face to face
- Email, linked in and social media is a great way to stay connected and follow up with people, but, you likely need to do more than that to put the personal touch.
How do you follow up after a business mixer or networking event? How do you follow up after a business meeting, planning event or team activity? What are your preferred methods of follow up and staying in touch?
I am looking forward to speaking on this very topic in Fort Saskatchewan… Networking to the Rescue on April 11, 2012. In this interactive workshop, you will learn how to:· Network for success
· How to make networking a positive experience
· Create collaborations, joint ventures and strategic alliances
· Communicate with credibility and confidence at networking events
· Capitalize on the power of threes (before, during and after the event)
· Develop your networking plan and template
You will also learn how to have fun and why ‘Show Up’ is everything!
Wishing you GREAT success at your next networking event…and remember…. The three F’s: Follow Up, Future and Fortune!