Monday, November 7, 2011

Now You Tell Me!


I have often found myself thinking about my career. Where I started, the people I have met, where I am now, where I am going to. The one firm conclusion I have come to this; I sure with I knew then what I know now...especially about Teamwork.

I am very fortunate as a corporate trainer and professional speaker. The audiences are always diverse and I learn so much from them. Because I have so often contemplated my learning through my career, one of the discussions I facilitate in my training is the question, "what do you know now about teamwork that you wished you knew then?" Here are some of the brilliant answers I have received to this question that we can all learn from.
  1. I am not an expert on everything like I sometimes think I am.
  2. Everyone has a voice.
  3. There is a fine difference between being aggressive and being assertive.
  4. Learning how to manage differences in ethics is important.
  5. To be comfortable without having all the answers.
  6. Not to take things personally.
  7. Choose your battles.
  8. The older you get, the less you know.
  9. What bugs us about other people provides us an opportunity to look at ourselves, they are just mirrors for us.
  10. conflict only gets worse when you don't address or resolve it.
  11. Clear expectations will solve a lot of problems.
  12. Values and work ethics sometimes differ from your own.
  13. To be curious and to ASK.
  14. Not to be threatened by conflict.
  15. It is actually respectful to give feedback.
I hope that there is some insight here for everyone who reads it. If you have your own answer, please don't hesitate to share. Our learning is never done and we have so much to learn from each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment.