Recently someone asked me “How do you stay resilient when you are on the run?” What a fabulous question! Much of my life is spent in a car, on a plane, a hotel room or in front of an audience. When sleeping and habits are disrupted, how do you stay resilient?
Let’s start with what not to do:
- Don’t eat late at night if you can avoid it
- Don’t get a hotel room by the elevator, ice machine or vending machines
- Don’t create schedules that are such tight timelines that there is no room for flexibility
What can you do to stay resilient on the run?
- Use the time on planes and in airports to catch up on reading
- Bring healthy snacks and drink lots of water
- Most hotels have gyms or pools, a great way to get some physical exercise and keep your fitness routine
- Enjoy the time on the plane or at the airport chatting with people, you never know who is sitting beside you!