2010 is here, with lots of exciting projects on the horizon. What is your most memorable event or experience in 2009? What is your big audacious goal for 2010? Action is one of the most important ways to make your goals become your reality. Without clarity on the goal, and action towards the goal, you may find it difficult to achieve.
Need some tips on staying motivated and taking daily steps towards your goals?
1. Keep an IMA- inspired mental attitude. Your mindset and attitude are essential ingredients in motivation. When you associate with likeminded and positive people, your IMA increases. You will feel energized and want to work toward your goals.
2. Seek ways to make a difference- at home, at work, in your community! When we strive to help, support, and give to others, we set the ball in motion to receive. Look for opportunities to pay it forward. You will be rewarded in many folds. Give of yourself first!
3. Health - Eat a healthy breakfast. Be more conscientious of the foods you choose. Exercise for strength and tone. Ensure that you get enough sleep every night. When we physically take care of our bodies, our minds work more effectively and we have the physical energy to take the steps to maintain motivation.
4. Mindset - More confident and more accepting of one's self. You possess great amounts of knowledge and you have an expertise to share with others. Mentor someone and watch them grow.
5. Focus on gratitude. Celebrate successes. Keep track of your strengths, talents, and accomplishments. Write down what you are grateful for each day.
6. Schedule some “Me” Time. Listen to your favorite music. Clear your mind by spending some time gardening. Visit a friend. Go for a picnic in the park.
7. Know what makes you tick. When you are aware of your internal motivators, you can seek out situations and people to support you! As well, know what zaps your energy and motivation and either complete those tasks/responsibilities first, or better yet, avoid them if you can.
8. Getting Unstuck! When you are feeling stuck, or it is difficult to get motivated, simply choose one task to do, or one step to take. No matter how small the step, you are moving and that is what counts!
9. Empty Nest Phase- Time to renew one self. Renew relationships or build new ones. Start doing some of the things you have put aside due to family obligations or work. Children are more independent. Return to past favorite hobbies or try new things. Take a course. Travel. Go golfing. Take time for yourself.
10. Share Your Experiences and Feelings with a Trusted Friend. When we share our thoughts, feelings, and behaviors with others, we begin to realize that we are not the only ones experiencing these events in our life.