Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year!

2010 is here! Are you as excited as I am for another new year? I thought 2009 was an incredible year, and am moving into this year with enthusiasm and clarity.

Have you taken some quiet time to reflect upon 2009 (your learnings, accomplishments, and areas to develop)? Now is a great time to get clarity on your goals for this year. Like many others, I have discovered that when I set goals for various areas of my life (personal, business, health, financial, relationship, etc.) I am more successful and of course create more balance. Often a goal crosses several life areas.

Here are my favorite approaches to goal setting for success:

· Create goals for each area of my life

· Write the goals down (I have them in my office, on cards in my planner and purse, and post in areas I will see them regularly) and chunk down the action steps into manageable and doable actions (with timelines)

· Ask for help where and when I need it (and extend my help to others)

· Share with others (I let my mastermind and support system know my goals)

· Record successes in my “Success File”

· Celebrate movement towards and achievement on goals

· Review them regularly

I love the exercise of writing next years date so in this example I would write the following at the top of the page:

On January 4, 2010, I am enjoying a celebration of:

(And I list what I intend to be celebrating one year from today)

Let’s make it a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment.